Backwards pics again, even though I uploaded them backwards thinking I’d fix the issue that way. 🤷♀️
The next day on Sunday (July 12th) i subbed in primary again. I wasn’t supposed to teach, but the spirit told me to have a lesson ready and I’m glad I did because I got to teach and it was really special.
The lesson was about, among other things, Elisha’s miracles, and I knew that’s what I wanted to focus on. We talked about his miracles and then I shared President Nelson’s miracle quote and then a story about a miracle from my life. Those are my most important talk/lesson elements - scriptures, modern scriptures, personal experience.
I spent some time pondering on the miracles in my life and settled on Delaney’s bike crash. It’s always a crowd pleaser for kids.
I told them about her crash and upset she was and how she couldn’t talk because of her jaw injury and chin cut but how calm she was after her priesthood blessing. Then how calm she was when she got her CT scan and I sang I am a Child of God to her, how I thought she might have fallen asleep, but it was just the spirit comforting her.
I told them about how the doctor was talking about the possibility of wiring her jaw shut because there was just no other way to ensure her jaw and bite were properly aligned. And I was like hold up! I had just taken her to the dentist a few weeks before and they told me she had a 100% overbite and I thought that was so funny so I’d gotten a closeup picture of it - the only extreme mouth/bite close up I have of any of my 5 kids and I took it a month before I needed it. I will never not believe in miracles. As I told them the story they asked to see the pictures so I dug them up and sent them to the moms that night. That broken jaw experience was a powerful one. In present day (August) I am preparing for Inklings and we are studying President Freeman’s talk Best Days and Worst Days and I’ve been pondering how so often they are the same day. Our hard times can become sacred times when we walk with Jesus.



1 comment:
You're so amazing! I miss teaching my class but they were lucky to get you a few times!
Post a Comment