Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Beachy Sunday

I was up early Sunday so went for a walk on the beach. Beach mornings are my fav. And so are beach afternoons and beach evenings. Why don’t I live near the beach?

So. Happy. Also, my new favorite dress from BJ’s. Sarah B had one like this that she slept in at girls camp and she was telling us how comfy it was and then I happened to see it at BJ’s and I was like, you’re mine. Because there’s never a wrong age to buy your clothes at the wholesale club. 
We went to church and sometime that day the rest of the Pools arrived. Auntie pictures are often the funniest. 🤣
Drake bbq’d that night and everyone made side dishes and came over to our house. I made a Grillo pickle dip that’s supposedly viral with bacon and cheese and our crew (and about half of the giant crew) thought it was really tasty. Katie and drake invited friends from their ward over too, because the more the merrier. 
I’m sure we went to the beach somewhere in there, but really with the exception of one or two days, we got thundered off the beach every time. And also, almost every day was red flag, so swimming was “not allowed,” but we still did. 🤷‍♀️
There was one day that we had swum in the afternoon and then gone back after dinner, and the water was wild. I was floating with Laura, and the current was like a fast lazy river those first few days, and I started thinking, hmmm, my body is pretty tired from swimming these crazy waves for several hours. And then Laura said we should try to make our way in because we were in a riptide. I know what to do, I know Laura knows what to do, but my heart started hammering and I couldn’t catch my breath for a hot minute and I was like “oh no! I’m so tired!”

I have a deep respect for the ocean always, but the water doesn’t really ever make me nervous. But this time I got a lil nervous for a minute. And then I was fine. That feeling of panic has stuck with me though. So grateful all is well and I can still love the beach. 

No comments: