Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Bucket List 2026

 Firstly, Adi and I got our tickets to rexburg. It was a bit of a nail biting fiasco. Adi had a $350 Southwest credit from our trip to Dallas that she decided not to take (I used mine to go with Frankie to Portland). But when I went to buy the tickets it was like 2 weeks past the expiration date to use the credit. I *hate* the changes Southwest has made. 😞 

So then Adi and I did some research and found a YouTube video work around, but it sounded sketchy. We figured we had nothing to lose, so we tried it. First, we bought a Southwest gift card for $25. Then, with the whole amount of her flight credit we bought their highest tier ticket, it’s like Choice Privilege or something. Then, we immediately cancelled that ticket, and voila, we have a no expiration date flight credit. It’s something about the gift card and the highest tier, I don’t know. But I’m very grateful it worked and we didn’t lose $350.

Anyways, Saturday was our adventure day. We got going a few minutes after 9 and set out for the C&O Canal Park in Georgetown.

They are renovating it and had hoped to be done in 2026 but are now aiming for 2027. Kinda wild to see a big ol canal boat in a dry bed. 
We’ll have to go back when it’s open because it’s actually a really cool piece of history. 
We walked their cute little streets and Matt and I checked out the old stone house - the oldest home in Washington. I wanted to get the sign, which I didn’t really succeed at, so did an old Jason’s Thelma and Louise instead of a selfie. 
We ended up getting free parking and staying right on my very loose schedule and headed to the Strathmore Theater. We parked in the metro lot and then walked in the back way and joked about how beautiful this 50 Most Beautiful Places place was. 
And then as we were walking up the stairs Delaney did a little squeak and come to find out she had been stung by a wasp. 
It hurt and immediately swelled. 
I guess the beauty of the Strathmore is inside, but the grounds are also quite lovely. 
Poor baby bug. Her whole leg was sore. 
The mansion at the Strathmore is closed for the month so we were kind of 0 for 2, but undaunted because it was really about the adventure. 
We deposited girls under a shady gazebo and walked to get the car so ournooor baby could rest her leg and elevate it. 
It was approximately 1000° degrees out. 


No comments: