Tuesday, July 2, 2019

#28 Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus

Have I mentioned how hot it was? We found shade wherever we could. 

Addie climbs everything. It can be frustrating. But also kind of awesome how agile and brave she is. 

We walked around the campus a little and then toured the home. 

It was quite beautiful and ornate. They also did a good job talking about and telling some of the stories of the people that were enslaved at this home. 

Frankie liked seeing the beds and how every one I slept. 

I let the girls brush their own hair, can you tell? 🤦‍♀️

This is the house used for the article, so we had to walk around to the front side. Oh, and we got in free with our military discount. 🤗 💲 

I didn’t have the traditional college experience, but I can imagine how fun it would be to walk around this campus and how especially beautiful it would be in fall colors. Matt always tells the girls how much fun college was, and I just stay quiet. My college experience was stressful, busy, and challenging. But I graduated in 4 years exactly at 24, with mostly A’s (I got 1 B almost every semester!😩) as a single, working mom of 2 kids. So even if it wasn’t fun, I’m still glad I did it and proud of myself. 
It was lunchtime while we were taking our tour, so we ate our sandwiches as soon as we got to the car and drove to our next MBP!

No comments: