Monday, July 1, 2019

#20 Patapsco Valley State Park (again)

I tutor Thursday’s at 1:30, so as soon as I was done we headed out for an adventure. A quick stop at Wally for a few movie snacks, and we were on our way!

Sharing both of these picture to show what happens in our home what feels like a million times a day. Addie gets handsie/pestie w/one or both girls (top pic), then that girl screams, punches, or kicks to get her away. It happens often at picture time and it’s super aggravating 

Later we had a quick stop for a potty break so I grabbed a shot of the artist with her work of art. 

Our first real stop was Patapsco State Park. There are 3 entrances, so we picked one and let the girls play while we ate Chinese cabbage salad. 

We decided to drive to a different entrance to see the suspension bridge and water.  

It was a short drive, which was nice because our drive from SMC was long due to being so close to rush hour. And I guess bridges make us cray.  

More evidence of that pesky pesty’ness. 

🤦‍♀️

We hiked around and found some railroad tracks. Always fun for our country girls. 

These girls love climbing, so they were loving life. 

When they came I told Chantell I had a plan for Thursday but she could tell me no if it was too crazy. She was like “I love crazy!” Phew!

We made our way down to the surprisingly warm water. 

Delaney brought a doll and happily played with her the whole time. 

So as soon as we pulled up to where we parked to walk the bridge I realized I had been there before. This park is also the home of Cascade Falls and Laura and crew came with Lexi, Cade, and the rest of my crew 2 years ago during the summer of HP&50MBP.

I can’t believe I had forgotten that! Doh! In my defense, I can’t find my original list, and now anytime I can’t find something I fear I Marie Kondo’d it in my heyday a few months ago. 🤷‍♀️

D and doll found this large rock in the water and this is where they lived. 

Auntie fun!

I had brought the girls suits, but since the drive had taken so long we didn’t have a ton of time to play. We gave them the option to walk back to the car for swimsuits or just use their time playing in the water in their clothes and then change into the pj’s I’d brought them. 

They thought about it for a hot second and then made their choice. 

Isabel was a good sport about being the only big kid with 3 little girls and 2 older ladies. 

The girls loved walking upstream and floating down to us. 

We’d love to camp here someday. Fun for hours!

We spent some time washing faces to clean off face paint in the river too. 

All too soon it was time to head out. One more trip over the bridge. 

This is just about the height I’m comfortable with. 

The view I saw when I realized I’d done this before. 😂 I love myself. 🤗


No comments: