Lexi left the boys notes to read before school on Mia’s birth day. The were excited to read them and then they fought over them. 🤣
Check out this blast from the past! They also have an old blockbuster. So nostalgic.They went to the hospital early to get things rolling and I hung out with the crew.
I headed to the hospital after they broke her water, and stopped by Trader Joe’s for flowers on my way up.
Damian and I played games and we breathed through contractions and Lu got an epidural, and a little nap, and then since she was able to relax she was ready to roll.
Girlfriend came into this world just after 5pm. It was so special to be there to see my granddaughter born - at #5 this was a first for me.
Alexis had a little bit of placenta left and was bleeding a little more than normal so they gave her something to slow her bleeding and everything was fine.
Alexis had a little bit of placenta left and was bleeding a little more than normal so they gave her something to slow her bleeding and everything was fine.
I picked up some dinner for everyone and everything was still good.
I held Mia so they could eat, but about halfway through her waffle fries, Lu started feeling sick.
Their nurse came by to check on things and saw that Lu was losing a lot of blood and got her to the bathroom where she weighed the blood and clots lost and called for a doctor. That doctor was there for like 2 minutes and called for another doctor. They got Lu back to bed and when there were like 5 doctors plus several nurses working on her, and things were getting very tense and very loud, I took Mia out into the hallway.
I won’t go into too much (more) detail because it’s really not my story to tell, but that was one of the scariest hours of my life. I sent out a few pray for us texts and rocked Mia and prayed my heart out. At one point there were at least 10 doctors in her little recovery room. She ended up losing a liter and a half of blood, got a transfusion and several medications, plus a few other things to stop the hemorrhage before things calmed down. When it was over Damian came into the hallway and we looked at each other and started crying. It really was truly awful.
It was a long and exhausting day for a newborn girl.
There was only one couch and I knew Damian would never lay down if I stayed, so I left around 11 when things were fully calmed down and lu and Mia were sleeping.
I gave hugs and encouragement and a promise to keep my phone turned up. So grateful for good medical care and healthy bodies and prayers answered. This little miracle was worth all the hassle.
But God really is truly good and even though it was still a rough night, Alexis was out of the woods by the morning. Including the fact that she didn’t really remember what had happened. Damian and I remember enough for all of us.
Precious baby girl got her shots and even though she was still hooked up to a thousand machines, her tough mama was able to breastfeed her. It was a long and exhausting day for a newborn girl.
There was only one couch and I knew Damian would never lay down if I stayed, so I left around 11 when things were fully calmed down and lu and Mia were sleeping.
I gave hugs and encouragement and a promise to keep my phone turned up. So grateful for good medical care and healthy bodies and prayers answered. This little miracle was worth all the hassle.














No comments:
Post a Comment