Wednesday, September 30, 2026

9/27-9/30.5

 There was a baptism after church so we got home around 4 and I finished up Disney dinner prep. I’d done most of it Saturday night and Sunday morning.

We watched Lilo and Stitch, so it was a very coconut and pineapple themed meal. 
 Used the leftover pulled pork from the girls graduation party and did not add the pineapple. Too much of a good thing is still too much. 
We watched our movie and prepped for the week and it was just another quiet Sunday. 
On Monday I had to force myself, and it was tough, to finish the first coat in Frankie’s room. Then Matt had to buy more paint, but when he got back I had to force myself again to do put on the second coat. 
That plant is crazy and just soaked into the walls. I swear it needed 3-4 coats. Maybe we should have used a primer, but I’ve never been a primer gal and we buy the “higher quality” paint to avoid it, but. 🤷‍♀️
Anyways, I painted forever and then passed the reigns to Matt and then Delaney when she got home. 
*girls coming down to Disney dinner. I always make them guess and none have been right. Also, a little wave of sadness only grabbing down 4 glasses instead of 5. 😢 
So Monday was deviated to painting and we had leftovers for dinner and Frankie stayed to watch the JV football game and then everyone did homework and our days are long and busy.
*After first coat.  
After second coat.
Maggie sent me this. Aloseph in their heyday!
What my room currently looks like. Moving clothes and furniture and all the things is so messy and such a lot of work. 
I took a sister to run an errand Tuesday morning while Matt did a few touch ups. Then when he was done with work we moved D’s furniture into her new room. 

I made pork chops and grits for dinner - working my way through an old Pioneer Woman cookbook. 

We had a lively discussion during scripture power hour. Not really about the scriptures, but it’s good to counsel together as a family. 

Today I passed on the pumpkins galore auction and moved the pile of stuff out of our room and into Adi’s new room. 

I looked at Christmas gifts, worked on some calling stuff, put away some laundry, organized some emails, downloaded an app to communicate with Christian during his deployment, and a dozen other little tasks that often fill my days and make me feel like I’m not getting much accomplished but I’m always busy. It’s just a busy season, it’s fine. 

No comments: