Friday, July 2, 2021

Summer camp

I started writing this July 2. I’ve been the worst at blogging lately. 

The girls went to a fine arts summer camp from 9-4 M-Th of this past week. This was the first time since March, 2019 that they were away from home for any sustained amount of time and their first ever summer camp experience. Adi did a horse camp years ago, but other than that, this is it. We all had a great week!

I have not been in a funk, it’s been more of an unorganized slow forward motion? I’m doing things, but just as they come, which is honestly fine and still mostly good, but I’d always like to be more intentional. I spent many hours in the peaceful solitude of home which is one of my absolute favorite things, so I feel very much recharged. 

Adi and Frankie liked camp from day one. Delaney was a roller coaster, which is interesting because she’s the girl that’s been most certain about going back to school. On Monday she didn’t want to go back, but by Tuesday she’d been able to change her minor from visual arts to theater games and she liked that better. Then on Friday she didn’t want to go again. 🤷‍♀️

Jeanne’s birthday was June 30th and Christian had asked at the beginning of June for me to bring her flowers. I grabbed her a box of Heritage chocolates from us and dropped them off to her at work. She was so happy, she cried and gave me a big hug. She’s a sweetie. 



No comments: