Friday, July 16, 2021

Onslow Beach - day 6

Wednesday sunrise. 



Frankie got this “beach rescue” sweater as a souvenir because we all know sweaters in NC in July are a must have. She loved it and wore it every chance she could, which I actually appreciate that she loved her souvie. Also important to note that “beach rescue” is like, better than a lifeguard. ~Frankie wisdom 

And a red girls camp sweatshirt for good measure. 

My honey and I. 

Beach sunrise love.

Laura started an Onslow Beach messenger group and everyone shared photos and videos and it’s basically the best. 

Everyone came this morning, except for the 2 babies of the families - Maggie and Delaney. Once a baby, always a baby?



We recommitted to being old lady beach goers for always. 

Just the 4 of us. 

We watched more sunrises this trip than ever before and they were all completely worth it. 

These millennials and their amazing picture ideas. Josh and Michelle love. 

The Mc crew. 

Then the boys started sinking themselves and having way too much fun. 

Adi joined in on the stomping quicksand fun.

I love this. When Adi lost her balance josh did what a big brother would do and just yanked her back up. My girls love all McComb kids and would have hung out with them nonstop if I’d let them. I was merciful to the teen/YA crowd and didn’t allow for too much bugging. 

We loved these warm tide pools. They were fun to lay in and play with the soft sand. 

And search for treasures. 

Laura and I went to the store and were impressed by this cool realtor. Matt Ray sounds like a pretty awesome guy. 

I might be out of order here, but I think this was breakfast burrito day? Or maybe the day we had dinner for lunch because the UV index was crazy and we avoided the beach between 10-4. 

Lining up for food. 

Our game awaits us at the card table. I think that was the game that David busted me on round 10 and I got -100 points. Dumb white whale! I think josh and David won that one? All I know is I did not. 

In preparation to leave the beach a day early, but extend our trip by 3 days, Matt and I did laundry during the bad UV time. We just hung out there and had a little laundry date that actually was so nice. We met several friendly laundry doers, held a baby, and talked about all the things. 

We got to the beach around 4 and played until 9 when Matt had to hike to the office because Adi had our key in her pocket when she went into the water. The other key had been missing for days by that point. And just look at that tiny moon. 

Happy happy. 



1 comment:

Laura said...

That was dinner for lunch day, lemon shrimp (or chicken) pasta! I sent the bag of leftover shrimp home with Sara, our neighbor/adopted family, from Jacksonville.