Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Onslow Beach - day 4

Matt had a few work meetings Monday morning, so we hung out for a bit.

The girls tidied their loft area and I let them throw down their dirty clothes to me. We had leftover pancakes and cereal for breakfast and then headed out for some shopping fun!

We went to Shark Attack and then Tsunami right across the street. We were all overwhelmed by the beachy cuteness and we all picked out some fun vacation treasures. 

That’s a delaney Ray in there. 

We also had to run into Food Lion for a few necessities and we came hone starving. I made a giant cabbage salad and then we hit the beach by 1. I left my phone at the cabin, but Joseph and Shauna took some pictures on their big camera. 

Adi didn’t really want to swim today but I convinced her to wear her suit down to the beach anyway. As we were carrying our gear down a boy asked her if she wanted to play and she was all, “I think I’ll play over here, mom.” And those 2 frolicked in the waves for hours. It was surprising and cute and a little grown up. 

We bobbed in the waves and searched for blue crab - we found one, but only because someone else had caught it. And since we’d only found one we let Delaney let it go. Laura and I bought matching swim tops so we were #adorable. I felt a little red, but I thought I was pretty careful with my sunscreen application and we went out so late in the day. But no, I am reburned in some places and freshly burned in others. I’m very over being burned. And also, Adi got artsy with her silicone shot glass. 

We ate white chicken chili, peanut butter cup brownies and tillanook ice cream, and then played games. First we played Taco, Cat, Goat, Cheese, Pizza and that was hysterical and then we played Skull King again. Incidentally, yours truly won both games. 

We ended the night with a 10:30 walk to see the bioluminescent plankton. We could see sparks when we stomped and we did lots of stomping. Othwr than the burns, this trip is going swimmingly!

No comments: