Monday, July 19, 2021

Back home

We listened to church in the car and really enjoyed Anna and Brother Cox’ talks. Bro. Wiest had asked Adi to talk about her experience at girls camp, but we obvi weren’t able to make it. We found this fun telephone booth when we filled up our tank in Virginia. 

And like moths to the flame, we had to get pictures. 

It was an easy drive and we got home around 4. Our plants missed us. We unloaded the truck - so fast with bigs - and then Alli and papa came over. We taught them Skull King and I had to learn to be the scorekeeper. I’m not sure I did it completely right, but if I was wrong I was consistent. And I won. 🤗

Today we did laundry and vacuumed. Packing for a trip to aunties is SO much easier than packing for a trip to the beach, so we did a lot of playing today too. The girls played dress up complete with makeup. 

She kills me. 😂

I donated my third unit of blood this afternoon. I like the Mechanicsville Fire Dept because they serve Amish donuts when you’re done. I had the exact same experience this time as last. Apparently my veins run diagonally to what most peoples do, so my girl searched for my veins forever and got verification from her supervisor before she poked me, then searched some more. Then after she poked me she had to get help to find my vein, just like last time. It wasn’t too bad and I felt fine after, so yay for me. One more unit will get me to half a gallon. 💪🏻 

No comments: