Sunday, July 11, 2021

Onslow Beach - day 3

We slept our toasty sun burnt bodies in and then made pancakes, bacon, and eggs for the whole crew. The Mc’s came over for a leisurely brekkie and we visited until 11. We left for 1:00 church (my favorite time!) at 12 and got there super early, but it was great because we got a nice pew all together. I had a 3:00 meeting and then when I got done with that Joseph and Shauna had arrived. We all hit the beach when the uv rays were not as strong, but it was still nice and warm. 

Adi decided not to swim today. She’s listening to a good book and it’s kept her occupied. I just finished Refuge on her recommendation and now I want all the Syrian families to come live with us. 😭 They’re my family now. 

It was a red flag day and the waves were nice and big but not powerful at all and the current wasn’t dragging us all the way down the beach, so it was fabulous. Maybe yesterday was a red flag day also? We all bobbed together and then when josh and Michelle got here our girls wanted to bob with josh every time. He lifts them out of the waves. 

We stayed down there till 8 when spaghetti was ready, then we all played Do You Know Me? and ate peanut m&m’s. 

We also got exciting news from Christian! He graduates this Friday and at first it was going to be a family weekend, then after everyone got their covid shots so they could have family weekend, they made it a virtual weekend. And today we found out that he’ll have a few hours free hopefully all weekend, but maybe just Friday. Aaaahhhh!! Matt and I walked through every scenario, me flying, me and the girls flying, the girls and I driving and Matt flying home, different cities and days even. We think we have a good plan and we’re praying it will all work out! Stupid Covid. 

We’re hoping everyone’s burns are better tomorrow and we can have another wonderful day at the beach. 



No comments: