Sunday, October 6, 2024

Rainy Rhinebeck

Since I had all my tasks from Amy completed, I went on a little Thursday morning adventure. I have a few things I’d like to buy for our home, and I don’t want to buy them from Amazon, so I wanted to do some shopping, and on my way to shop in Rhinebeck I found there were a few lighthouses! Yay! First up was this cutie - the Esopus Meadows Lighthouse. 

It was a beautiful cloudy sprinkly morning. 

There was a cute park where you could see the lighthouse. 

That’s how far out she was, pretty little thing. 

Next up Rondout Creek. I turned down a sketchy alley that ended in the water and then a ferry was passing in front of the lighthouse so I had to wait a few minutes. 

Sketchville - population 2 - me and a man fishing off the dock. I didn’t stick around. 

This last one was pretty well out of the way and then I had to walk half a mile out to see it. I was on the fence about it, but I’m so glad I did!

Saugerties Lighthouse. 

Thankfully the trails weren’t empty because there was a tour starting just after I arrived. I wish I could have done the tour too, but alas you needed reservations and when I said I didn’t have one they didn’t even offer. 

I passed my fellow lighthousers as I walked - all golden oldies. Just me and the geriatrics. ❤️

She’s a pretty thing. 

After my lighthousing I drove to Rhinebeck and it started raining in earnest.  

My first stop was for a delightful falafel Sandy recommended. It was tasty!

I walked around until it was just too rainy. I was too wet to shop, so I headed to the hospital where I met Kristi coming in. 

We walked around with my dad, did a puzzle, and played some dominos. 

This is like the one we have but the pieces are bigger so we were able to finish it within an hour. My mom sent us each a different one like this, they are very cool. 

It was fun to catch up with Kristi. 

We kissed dad good night and walked out together. 

I went home to Sandy making Max a quail egg omelette, which just seems so gross to me! But he liked it, so 🤷‍♀️



No comments: