Thursday, October 10, 2024

Apples and overwhelm

Delaney and I were reading in For the Strength of Youth about stress and how to avoid it and I was all like “I’m pretty good about not stressing and giving myself grace and not worrying about things I can’t control.” And then I was writing my to do list for Wednesday and I was all like “ahhhh! I have a lot to do and a lot of it is time sensitive!” So then I was all like “Shell (that my name when I talk to myself in my head) take a deep breath, you got this.” And then I was all like “Heavenly Father hellllp.” And I prayed a bunch and guess what?! Ideas were flowing and I got so much done!

One of those things was shopping for my caramel apple bar staff appreciation event for today (Thursday). I had made a signup genius but the principal didn’t share it in her weekly email. This is not an uncommon occurrence. šŸ‘ŽšŸ¼ So I was waiting and hoping she’d send it out but then she never did so I was left to find everything the day before. I just decided if I can find everything, great, I’ll still hold the event, and if not, I’ll do it next week. And in between yard projects and dental appointments, I was able to schedule 3 pickup orders for Walmart and Target and then I went to Forrest Hall Farms where the lady hooked me up with 100 apples for $20! She was all excited about 2 new apples - Apple X and Ludacrisp and she cut one of each up and we shared it. šŸ¤£ She was so great! Then I got 2 huge mums and some yummy new apples for us and she gave me a deal on that too. Way to make my day Forrest Hall Farm lady! Prayers answered. 

Delaney had a dental appointment and then we  went shopping. Matt got a new phone so big girl Delaney went in by herself to find the case he wanted while I waited for my grocery pickup. 

We were able to pretty quickly get everything I needed for the apple bar. I also was able to organize my brain around our stakes invitation to feed the missionaries at the visitor center in December and extended those invites and also coordinate our tree decorating for our stake tree assignment. 

For the first time in awhile I even went to bed by 10. It was a good day. 

This sight is becoming a normal morning thing. It doesn’t feel weird to have the youth walk in and head downstairs anymore. I remember Laura talking about how strong the spirit is when you have seminary in your home, and this was the first morning I really felt that. ❤️

Delaney and I headed to the middle school at 6:40 and got our caramel apple bar all set up. I love Halloween. 





In yard news, we’re making progress. Sometimes it’s frustrating when our vision doesn’t turn out the way we’d hoped. I’m proud of how much we’ve done in just 1 month. We still have a ways to go, but we’re making progress. 

No comments: