Monday, August 1, 2016

Since we've been home

I've been enjoying the luxuries of not having much of a summer schedule by staying up till 3am binge watching Lost most nights. I'm in season 3 and it's so good!

We haven't taken many pictures, but here's a little bit of our week. 

Remnants of a trip gone by.
And another remnant:
The girls had trouble sleeping alone after sleeping with the whole family for 4 weeks so they had several sleepovers in eachothers rooms.

We tried to lay pretty low all week.
We spent a lot of time at home, at the pool, went to see Peabody for free at the theater, went to the library, and stocked our empty fridge.
Laney got a unicorn bruise courtesy of Frankie.
It was huge.
She looked pretty hilarious.
Addie was sleeping with all her stuffies one night. Such a big little girl.
We finally switched Addie and Laneys clothes to make their new rooms almost official. They played marbles one day and Addie borrowed my phone and took these.
And this one. They love playing in clean spaces. I just wish they would keep them that way.
One day we went to the pool and the girls had packed the lunches. Addie had accidentally put Nutella on the top of the sandwich so we made it a triple decker and called it an Addie special.
They loved it. 
We love our pool.
It's the best summer time killer.
And the water has been SO warm that I've been happily going in and staying for hours. 
It's fun to go and see all the kids friends. I'm excited to see which friends get in which classes.
We drove into the neighborhood one night and there was the most beautiful sunset.
Then there was my fun birthday dinner on Saturday. We went to The Lighthouse on Solomon's and had a delicious lunch. Laura brought a yummy cake and it was a great time.
We had planned to go bowling after, but it was just the mc's and rays, and 1 ray couldn't bowl because of a pinched nerve in his hip. He's been in major pain since we got back, and finally went to the dr. on Friday. So then we decided to see a movie instead. We decided on Bourne (if you've seen one, you've seen them all) and had a fun night. We ran in to Sarah and tony at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (parents killing time) before the movie, and they were going to the same one so we all sat together. I love group date nights!
Sunday was my actual birthday. Chris and Lexi got me wireless headphones, and Chris wrapped it man style with zip ties. At least he brought me scissors too. 
Matt, who still isn't feeling great, had planned ahead by buying jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and bagged muffins for my breakfast in bed. It was sweet. 
Then Laura brought over homemade muffins. Super sweet. 

When I went to the Camry to head to ward council it was full of balloons! 
I walked out there and the girls and Matt came around the corner. 
I thought Laura and crew had done it when they brought the muffins, but when I got to WC, I found this picture on my phone. Sneaky sneakers!
It was a good day. Sunday birthdays are just kind of weird anyway, but Laura made us dinner (she's mvp status this weekend!) and it was really nice since we haven't done that in a long time. 
Chris climbed high in their tree and sat in their hammock. He didn't stay long, but he did it.
We finished the night off with a Mormon parade. David ended up bringing the kids home while the moms kept walking for awhile longer. 38's gonna be a good year!

And a funny pic Matt took of lanes. She totally looks like a rockstar that's done some hard partying the night before. She's so crazy. 
This is from today after swimming. She was asking why I hadn't packed the wet brush for her hair. She had lotion all over her face. She's seriously so fun.
We are still really enjoying our easy summer time! It's been great. 

No comments: