Thursday, April 4, 2024

Matt meets The Villages

Matt went to the airport early on Thursday and got on standby for an earlier flight. Originally his flight was at 8:00, but thankfully he was able to get on the 5:30 (much more expensive) flight. He got to experience the joy of the villages shuttle and made it to papas around 11. I’m so glad he got to see my dad’s cute house before he moves. 

The next morning we took him to our fav brekkie spot - The Flying Biscuit. We walked around a cute park while we waited. 

I always order the stuffed French toast and heavenly grits. Chefs kiss, so good. 

Matt loved their cranberry apple butter so my dad bought him one to take home. ❤️

Papa gets annoyed with how much we love the biscuit, but he loves us so much he still takes us there every time. 

Full and happy. 

Gary was back! 

And so popular!

Delaney was in her element, spewing facts to anyone that would listen. 

Missing 2, but happy for us 5 to be together. 

I’m so thankful all my kids have such a sweet relationship with papa. 



Delaney missed the memo to bring a dress. Even though the memo was repeated several times. We found her 2 cute and summery dresses and I hope this cute girly style sticks! Because she’s been very plain and black leggings with a hoodie all winter. 

Pool time! Notice we kept our whole bodies in the pool because it was chilly outside the water. 

Frankie, Adi, and I had gone shopping earlier, so we stayed later than the rest of the crew. That meant she got to drive me home on the golf cart, and because she’s got a permit she even got to drive on the busy roads. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the second bowl of heavenly grits my dad ordered me. They are creamy and cheesy and so good!

Saturday morning we hit the flea market, and this is the one picture I took. Matt was digging this couch with the awesome lion arm rests. 

My dad grabbed this shot. I was expecting it to be a little more like ones I went to in Texas with yummy drinks and food and more new items and less garage saley. 

Adi asked to take this guy home and I denied her request. 

Darcie drove down that afternoon, Matt’s first time to meet her. My grandparent had 3 boys 3 years apart. When my dad was 10, they adopted Darcie from Korea, and smilin’ Jacks days of being the spoiled baby were gone. 

She brought us Jacksonville's special Parlour Donuts and they were so good! We cut them up so we could all taste test and made short work of them.  

Dave and Fran came over while the girls colored eggs. 

It was 4:00 so you know what that means in The Villages. Dinner time, obviously! Dave was worried about Easter crowds so we ordered pizza and had an adventure when they sent us this weird half and half pizza we didn’t order. Also, I need to remember to check my pizzas when picking up! This is the second time in less than a year that I received the wrong pizzas. Both times involved plain cheese pizza too. 

We played Mind the Gap, a generational trivia game papa bought and it was fun. 

Fran, papa, and Frankie were on a team, Adi and Delaney, Darcie and I, and Matt and David. 

Uncle David doing “The Wobble” dance was a sight to see!

Interestingly enough, Matt and David won. Darcie and I were doing so good, but we got tripped up by several of the boomer questions. We stayed up late every night, but this night I sent the girls to our shared room around 10 so we could stuff and hide Easter eggs. 

1 comment:

Debby said...

What a fun family time! Where is your Dad moving? A new place in The Villages or is he heading back to Maryland?