Monday, April 8, 2024

Easter 2024

Pictures with their masterpieces. Adi and Frankie could have skipped coloring eggs this year, but the baby of the family still wanted to. I know we’re slowly coming up on the lasts of all these little kid rituals, but like our wedding song said, we won’t be sad, we’ll be glad for all the life we’ve had. 

Frankie already had a mouthful of chocolate in both pictures. 

I hid the eggs pretty well if I do say so myself. It was fun hiding them somewhere new. 

They found all but 5’ish. 

Then I played hot/cold with adi for a few and then I couldn’t remember where the last 2 were, so then we all hunted around. And didn’t find them, that’s what a good job I did. 

Then i slowly remembered the last 2 hiding spots and hot colded her to them. 

The loot!

The artists with their fav eggs…





D had 2. Merry Easter!

Church started at 12. that seemed late for Easter so we even verified, and that was the start time. It was a lovely, if unfriendly service. 

And back home to our dinner prep. I folded bunny ear napkins. 🤗

We did all the prep work Saturday, so Sunday was just the finishing touches and last few things. Darcie made her delicious salad and everything was so yummy!

After dads honey baked ham I don’t know how I’ll ever go back to my cheap supermarket hams. Poor me. 

It was a lovely dinner and then we sat around talking for a few hours. 

Sitting with my dad and his siblings as an adult was an eye opening and special experience. Hearing new stories and learning new things about my grandparents was really cool and will be a memory I cherish. 

I’m so glad we were able to stay for Easter. 3/4 of my dad siblings together is pretty good and hasn’t happened in a few years. 

Then it was picture time which is always fun with a crowd. We finally put the phone to video and screenshotted our favs. We gave goodbye hugs and shared hopes that no one else would come down with the dreaded pink eye. Three more days till we’re totally in the clear, but it’s looking good right now. That night we gathered and packed and stayed up way too late again. It was a lovely Easter and I’m so grateful for the truths and promise this special day brings. 

And lastly, this is my friend Eme. She was the stake RSP in the Silver Spring Stake until last year when she was called as an Area Advisor and sits on the General Advisory Council. Now the RS has a new social media page (Relief Society Worldwide) and they’re sharing lots of messages from the presidency and advisory and it’s so cool to see someone I know. I love learning from and being uplifted by women. ❤️



1 comment:

Debby said...

Looks like a fun Easter in Florida. I have never been to Florida, but we hope to go as soon as Gary can travel. How did I not know about the Relief Society Worldwide facebook page? I left your blog to look it up and start following the page.