Saturday, May 2, 2015

Longest night


Always the same foundation, but so many different interests and giving of time. ^^

On Thursday whilst napping (sickie) I got a call from the missionaries. It went down like this "hi sister ray! Sorry to call with such short notice, but is it still ok if we come to dinner tonight?" 

(Trying not to sound like I was in a dead sleep) "oh, are you coming here for dinner? I didn't remember that."

Then I got to spend the next few minutes and texts apologizing and assuring that I really did want them to come. Because we did, I just dropped the ball. 

Since I still wasn't feeling great, we used a restaurant.com coupon for some Ledo pizza and called it good. It was a fun dinner, they shared a nice message about helping those in need, and then they took Christian out tracting with them. 
I felt God's love last night when Chris went into detail with me about his time tracting with elder Blackner and then told me about an experience at school. he saw a girl (that he didn't know) that had been crying. He asked if she was ok, she said yes, and he said "no, you don't look like you're ok, can I give you a hug?" She smiled at him and they both went on their Merry way. He said he didn't know if that changed her day at all, but that it had changed his, and he had a good and happy attitude all the rest of the day. (: I'm so grateful for good examples for my kids. It takes a village and I always feel God's love when I see others influencing my children. 

3-year-old jamming out with the Beatz headphones? On the regular. 
I love the idea of tea time, so when I was sick I made several nice warm cups of my fav. It's sugar cookie sleigh bell herbal tea, with cream and honey. Super soothing for a sad throat. 
Lexi came to gymnastics with us on Tuesday. It's so fun having family around. Especial family that thinks your children are as hilariously adorable as you do. We had a good time laughing and playing with delaney. And she took some cute pics to boot. 
A Monkey hanging happy monkey. 
We have one more class before we'll take a nice summer break from gym. 
Gymnastics diaper wedgies are always in style. 
Delaney is a pretty big chicken. She's not nearly as adventurous as addie and Frankie were. Case in point, the trapeze. Delaney had never swung on it. She insisted on holding onto the rings and then would drop onto the mat halfway through. So when she asked to swing, I told lexi that she never really swings. And know what that little monkey did? She done swung. And then she done swung another 30 or so times until it was time to go. Maybe she just needed a sissy to show off for. 
Last night Chris had Brian over to spend the night. So I waited for him to get here and for them to get settled. I turned in around 11:30, but tossed and turned. Lexi got home around 1, after texting that she would be late, and so it was a fitful sleep. 

Then around 2 I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. First it was sinus pressure, then nauseousness.
I finally came downstairs so Matt could try to sleep, though he didn't feel very good either. I finally threw up around 4:30, right before Matt got up for his day of work. 

I still didn't sleep great, and had to cancel my garage sale plans with Darlaina for this morning. I'm blaming the movie theater popcorn from our gross theater. Worth it? Maybe. But it's been a slow and dragging morning so far. :/

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

Chris is SUCH a sweet kid!!! Sometimes all you need is a hug to make things better. How thoughtful of him. And hope you feel better soon!