Saturday, May 23, 2015

Celebrating Memorial Day


It was a fun and full day! And I'm tired. So just a quick bit of sweetness. 

We went to a neighborhood BBQ tonight, and the host family had set up a Missing Man Table, which somehow in all my years of Army bratness, and almost 10 years of being married to a reserve sailor, I have never seen/noticed. 

Delaney saw it before I did, and in all her 3-year-old'ness asked all about it. Matt explained it to her before I found her standing at the table, staring at it. Matt said she was very disturbed that there were people missing, and that we needed to look for them. She just stood there for the longest time. I finally saw her and went to check on her, and when I asked her what the table was for she told me it was "for the missing soldier." Our little tender hearted patriotic girl was really feeling it. 
Love her. Love our country. Love those who gave all for our country. 

No comments: